Safeguarding in Rigpa UK

If you have a Safeguarding Concern

The safety and well being of our community are paramount.  We have a safeguarding team you can contact directly if you have concerns about actual or suspected abuse, this can range from concerns of bullying and harassment to actual physical abuse.  It may concern inappropriate behaviour or conduct, discrimination, physical, racial, sexual or verbal abuse, for example.

If you have concerns about your well being or safety or that of someone you know, in the context of Rigpa UK’s activity, please contact Ingrid Franklin, our Safeguarding Lead at [email protected]. Equally, if you have feedback or questions about our policies please email this address.

Reporting serious concerns internally

For staff and volunteers we have a Whistleblowing Policy which sets out our internal and external procedures for raising serious concerns about the conduct or behaviour of staff. This will be made available to staff and volunteers through their line managers.

Reporting serious concerns externally

Where you are not satisfied with the final decision of our Trustees, having properly followed our Grievance procedure or Whistleblowing procedure as applicable, you have a legal right to make a disclosure to the Charity Commission for England and Wales who deal with the proper administration of charities in England and Wales and of funds given or held for charitable purposes in England and Wales.

Examples of serious harm include:

  • if someone’s health or safety is in danger, for example if a charity does not use its safeguarding policy
  • a criminal offence, for example theft, fraud or financial mismanagement
  • if a charity uses its activities as a platform for extremist views or materials
  • loss of charity funds, for example when a charity loses more than 20% of its income or more than £25,000
  • if the charity does not meet its legal obligations, for example if someone uses a charity for significant personal advantage

Charity Commission Whistleblowing Helpline: 0300 066 9197

Email: w[email protected]

Who else to tell

You should also tell:

  • the police about a crime or if you’re worried someone’s safety
  • HMRC if you have concerns about tax, like money laundering or tax evasion
  • Action Fraud if you suspect fraud
  • the police if you suspect terrorist activity