Chotrul Düchen, the ‘Festival of Miracles’ is one of the four major Buddhist holidays. It occurs on the full moon (the fifteenth day) of the first Tibetan month, which is called Bumgyur Dawa. The first fifteen days of the year celebrate the fifteen days on which, in order to increase the merit and the devotion of future disciples, Buddha displayed a different miracle.
As Jikmé Lingpa said:
- Through the magical power of your miracles in Shravasti,
- You rendered speechless the tirthika teachers who,
- With all their analysis and research, drunk on the wine of indulgence, had become oppressive in the extreme.
- In the final contest they were humbled, their prestige all drained away,
- As you triumphed through ‘the four bases of miraculous powers’.
We tend to hold an afternoon of practice on wheel days at our national centre in London, open to all Rigpa mandala students. Please enquire about specific times if you wish to attend.