Rigpe Yeshe Family Retreat
Open to Rigpa mandala students and their families
The Rigpe Yeshe Team is delighted to offer the opportunity to be on retreat with your family and other Rigpa Sangha families in the beautiful surroundings of the Northumberland National Park. We will have time to strengthen our meditation practice, to talk, listen and share with each other, reflect, relax, have fun, and spend time in the elemental outdoors.
Parents, grandparents, aunties, uncles, children, and teens are all welcome, or anyone involved in caring for a child. There will be time to spend with our peers, as adults, children or teens, and time as families, by the cosy fire in the Pema Lhakhang, or outdoors in the garden and woods. Places are limited to 40. Accommodation onsite is in yurts, and other accommodation is available nearby.
As accommodation books up quickly at half term, you are advised to book accommodation now. Half term dates are different in the North and the South this year and this weekend is the only one that coincides. Full or partial catering will be offered and it is also possible to self cater.
To proceed with your booking please email email@example.com or call 0143240963.
Dates and times:
- Friday 26th October 7.00pm Welcome session ( Supper available from 5.00pm, Registration from 2.00pm-5.00pm)
- Saturday 27th and Sunday 28th 9,30 am to 6.00 pm followed by supper. Breaks and free time included.
- Sunday evening 7.30pm-9.00 pm Celebration and ceremony
- Monday 29th October 9.00-11.00 am Final Session
Retreat Fee: £30 per adult, £20 per child/teen Under fives free
Onsite Accommodation: Visit Wild Northumbria to enjoy a 10% discount (for families attending this retreat).
- Fully catered ( Breakfast, lunch and supper Sat/Sun) £16 per day per person.
- Lunch on Sat/Sun or Supper on Fri/Sat/Sun £9.00 per meal per person.
- Breakfast £3.00 per meal per person (self prepared)
- Snacks and drinks are included in the retreat fee.
- Self catering is possible, and food can be heated, or cooked onsite at no charge.
- If you are driving, we are 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours drive from Newcastle or Carlisle.
- Nearest airport: Newcastle.
- Nearest train station: Callerton Parkway metro station, 20 mins from Newcastle Central, or Hexham, (on Carlisle line)
- Buses run from Hexham to Bellingham.
- Pick ups from the airport, Callerton Parkway or Hexham £5.00 per person per journey. Pick up from Bellingham free.
Facilities: Nearest shops, chemist, doctors, cash machine are in Bellingham. Both Asda and Tesco will deliver onsite.
Arrival/Departure: You are welcome to arrive before the retreat starts, or stay after it ends, just book accommodation for extra nights. You will need to self cater for any extra time you spend here.